As I lay on my bed waiting to die,
I began to look back upon my life;
There was no spark, no colour or no light,
My vegetated existence was painted in black and white.
In a world where facts were concealed by liars,
My beliefs were buried under my desires;
I never put anything above my esteem,
I was ruled by my ego supreme.
I did not think of my friends or family,
Money was the only thing I could see;
I never looked into my child's glowing eyes,
What they wanted from me, I never cared to realize.
In the last few moments of my life,
I thought of how better my life could have been,
As the countdown began the truth dawned upon me;
I was immune before I could start feeling;
I was dead before my heart could stop beating.
Vinod Iyer
1 comment:
gud......but there is one thing no one wd fail to notice....except for ur 1st poem.....there is a negativity in whateva u hv written, sm depressing thought, sm regrets.....a look at d date tells me these were written over a year ago.....hope u hv grown more positive now....keep writing....
Post a Comment